The First Annual Ecoblitz Comes to Minnekhada


Metro Vancouver Ecoblitz

On Saturday, October 25, 2014 Metro Vancouver will host its first annual Ecoblitz. What does that mean? That means they’re holding a day of environmental stewardship across the Regional Park system. Volunteers from around the region will be working on 10 ecological restoration projects in 10 parks together with Park Partner organizations and Regional Park […]



Links: A Vision for Riverview and Pink Shirt Day


Pink Shirt Day 2014

One of our favourite pastimes here in the Tri-Cities is talking about Riverview. What should be done with it. What shouldn’t be done with it. Everyone seems to have an opinion. Now BC Housing, Shared Services BC and the City of Coquitlam are starting an exercise to figure out what to do with the place. […]



Watershed Tours: Find out Where Your Drinking Water Comes From


Coquitlam Watershed Tours Metro Vancouver

Metro Vancouver has three main drinking water sources. The first two, the Capilano and Seymour Reservoirs, are located on the North Shore. Together, they provide approximately 66% of the region’s drinking water. The remaining 34% comes from the Coquitlam Reservoir, located right here in the Tri-Cities. These protected watersheds provide you, and 2.3 million of […]



Links – Joe Keithley looks to shake up Coquitlam-Burke Mountain


Eran Jayne Photography Port Moody

It’s the final week of summer vacation, the kids are either excited or dreading the trip back to school next week, and we’ve got some links for you. Let’s face it, the Coquitlam-Burke Mountain provincial riding has been a little boring. True, it’s only been around since 2008. Doug Horne has been the only MLA. […]



Top 5 Tri-Cities Stories of 2011


Top 5 Stories of 2011 Coquitlam Port Coquitlam Port Moody

Welcome to 2012! We’re glad to be back from our Christmas hiatus and bringing you more stories and events from Port Moody, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Anmore, and Belcarra. Instead of the regular links today, let’s take a look back at the year that was in the Tri-Cities. Let’s count down the top 5 stories of […]



Links – Evergreen Line Construction Starts in January


Coquitlam Council Christmas 2011

Since this is the week of Christmas, there isn’t a lot happening as far as events go. So instead of running the events post, let’s do some links! January 2012 brings the beginning of Evergreen Line construction. They’ll begin by putting in the ducting and trenches for the power lines. It’s really actually finally happening […]



Links – Port Moody loves to commute and August events


Port Moody Commuters

I’m trying something a little new today. I’m writing this from the McGill branch of the Burnaby Public Library in Confederation Park. If you haven’t had a chance to venture down the Barnet Highway and check it out, you’re missing a real treat. Lots of natural light, big windows overlooking the park and the North […]



Links – Mayor Joe Moving On


Mayor Joe Trasolini of Port Moody

Last week I enjoyed a little vacation time with the family and took the week off, but we’re back this week with another summer edition of the links. The big news since the last time we spoke is Port Moody Mayor Joe Trasolini announcing he won’t be seeking reelection in November. Joe has been mayor […]



Links – Betty Fox Remembered


Betty Fox Port Coquitlam

Welcome to the first links of summer. Since there’s so much daylight my children have stopped sleeping, so I’ll do my best to stay coherent. Betty Fox, mother of Terry Fox, died last week at the age of 73. Betty worked tirelessly to raise money for cancer research after Terry’s Marathon of Hope was cut […]



Links – United Boulevard Extension and Orcas in the Inlet


Orcas in Burrard Inlet courtesy David Price

Victoria Day is upon us, and the links are flowing. The latest blog post from Mayor Greg Moore in Port Coquitlam makes a case for the effectiveness of your municipal tax dollars. 10th to the Fraser continues their coverage of the United Boulevard Extension. Today at 7pm is the final public consultation at Sapperton Pensioner’s […]

Related Posts with Thumbnails